Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Swimming in oceanic minds

Revelations On Reading Neal Stephenson's "Cryptonomicon": I like reading all the holy books and their commentaries and seeing how they are alike and how they differ. I enjoy diving into the vast literature of the mystics and swimming in their oceanic minds. I thrive in immersing myself in tomes like "Meditations On the Tarot: A Journey Into Christian Hermeticism" and "The I Ching" and Sri Aurobindo's "The Synthesis of Yoga."I am a cosmic nerd. Whenever I meet another one, we have delightful conversations. posted by George Breed Saturday, December 24, 2005 @ 3:47 AM Location:Flagstaff, Arizona
My readings are diverse: warrior ways, zen, mysticism,consciousness, spiritual paths, religions, transpersonal psychology,social psychology, energy medicine, philosophy of science, evolution, novels, R. Crumb comics, theology, and so on. My lifelong focus has been on opening to understanding the meaning of life, rather than how to make a living. In any event, you will find in BookHead, a new and ongoing attempt to summarize some books I've read or am currently reading. For whatever that is worth. posted by George Breed Sunday, January 08, 2006@ 9:05 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment