Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sri Aurobindo Sadhana Peetham, Lodi, California

The Ashram at Lodi: A Place of Presence
from The Stumbling Mystic by ned

The journey across California’s spiritual landscape continues. Having spent the last week with the wonderful and intelligent David Hutchinson in Sacramento, I’ve been driven up to the Sri Aurobindo Ashram in Lodi by the always amiable and good-humoured (not to mention hilarious) Lynda Lester.

The people living at the Ashram are very dedicated yogis and they’ve maintained a wonderfully sattvic atmosphere here. I cannot describe the stillness I’ve experienced here. I’ve been stunned into silence and humbled mightily. My mind hasn’t been this quiet since I was a child. No, seriously. There were moments when I tried to speak and found to my surprise that I could only whisper. There are just no words.

No, wait. There’s one word.
Holy.

No comments:

Post a Comment