Sunday, September 10, 2006

Kshatriya – the striver and fighter

‘It is self-evident that in the actual life of man, intellectual, social, political, moral, we can make no real step forward without a struggle, a battle between what exists and lives and what seeks to exist and live and between all that stands behind either.'
'Kshatriya – the striver and fighter whose necessary turmoil of struggle and action seems to be the very contradiction of the soul’s high ideal of calm mastery and self-possession – and it seeks for an issue from the contradiction, a point at which its terms meet and a poise which shall be the first essential basis of harmony and transcendence.’
+ + +
‘This is the spirit of my heart, smaller than a grain of rice, or a grain of barley, or a grain of mustard seed…. This is the spirit that is in my heart, greater than the earth, greater than the sky, greater than heaven itself, greater than all the worlds. This is the spirit that is in my heart, this is Brahman.’
‘Within its deep infinity I saw ingathered, and bound by love in one volume, the scattered leaves of all the universe. The universal form of this complex while I think that I saw, because as I say this I feel my joy increasing.’
‘Every moment of our life can be the beginning of great things.’
Sri Aurobindo, Commentaries on the Bhagavad Gita
posted by whiteman at 2:27 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment