Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I am a great fan. Check out The Foundations of Indian Culture

Pondicherry! Pondicherry is personally most famous for being home to Sri Aurobindo's Ashram, the place where he produced a large bulk of his writings, of which I am a great fan. Check out The Foundations of Indian Culture, if you have a chance. Pondicherry is also by the sea, and ALSO near this small experimental village called Auroville. I loved my time at the Ashram as well as at the sea, where I saw humongous crabs, so if you're interested ask me sometime later, because right now I'm going to focus on Auroville as that's where adventure/mishap #2 happened.
Auroville sounds interesting, but it's actually rather weird, in my opinion. Read on the website and decide for yourself, I suppose. It's set up like a galaxy, with this giant golden orb at it's center. By the time our group arrived, the orb was already closed to the general public. But being the adventur-er that I am, I bought a town map for RS 10 and jauntily set out with Brittany and Gabriel in search of the orb. At first we were on the main road, down which a lot of Aurovillians were coming all at once, for some reason. They all looked rather odd, kind of Ithaca commons hippy-esque...and whenever I made eye contact, which was probably not a good idea, they gave me this strange smile. After several such encounters I suggested we move off the main road onto a side road to avoid unnecessary contact. Posted by IndiAnna at 2:47 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment