Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Her dream was do a different series of paintings after each reading

Sunday, January 14, 2007 Serendipitous Discoveries
I was looking for audio recordings of the Bhagwad Gita online for J and the search lead me to places I would not otherwise found.Autobiography of a Yogi I have seen this book several times but have managed to never read it. As luck would have it I jump right to Chapter 8 that is about J.C Bose and his experiments on the consciousness of all matter animate or not. I read about this last in a school text book when I was about twelve.
Then after wandering some more, I arrived at some writings of Sri Aurobindo Ghosh reminding of my childhood visit to the ashram in Pondicherry. There was no Auroville then as I recall. Encouraged by the discovery, I looked for the text of Savitri online and found it too ! I remember having looked for it when my friend P had first shown me the amazing series of pictures she had painted in Photoshop inspired by this reading this epic poem - I had not found it then.
She had said "As an adult, Savitri became the link between me and my father. He liked to read it every year and said that it conveyed some new meaning to him each time. I think it does the same for me as well" Her dream was do a different series of paintings after each reading based on her understanding and interpretation at that point. Her father died five yeard ago I realized that I have not heard from P since then. Labels: , , , Heartcrossings, 7:45 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment