Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Auroville embodies and encompases and facilitates many of the things that I have been aspiring to

This Little Choose Your Own Adventure Called Life
Josh and I always have deep and meaningfuls because we are both quite self-aware and interested in personal growth and development. So, he's feeling self-doubt and nervousness about the future and how to know if everything is going to fall into place. I was telling him about the moment I knew I had to go to India. How, and I just realized this (or realized it again without recalling previous times) tonoight, I used to verbalize, in my head (is that possible?) what I wanted to experience, to a certain extent, in my life.
And I counted them off, knowledge of eastern practices, zen life, optimal health, constant opportunities for learning and growth and obtaining knowledge, community of friends and peers that I can relate to and with whom I am working towards a greater good for all, the presence of arts and music, proximity to nature and ocean and hiking and an environment and atmosphere that is conducive to health and happiness (according to how I define or embody them).
Now, I know that we sometimes have the tendency to try to fit our story into the ending that we foresee or desire, even with the obvious holes in it. But for real, it feels, to me, that India, specifically Auroville, embodies and encompases and facilitates many of these 'things' that I have been aspiring to 'subconsciously' or 'uconsciously' for many years of my life. And that's what I wanted to convey to Josh - that "...whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should" (from Desiderata).
There's no 'what if'. There is only 'what is'. It's just so obvious to me now...after Landmark, and all those Barry Neil Kaufmann books, and after 'What the Bleep' and 'The Secret'...the message is all the same. This is it. Love it. Embrace it. Feel it. Live it. Don't apologize for it... posted by Alana at 1:15 AM Wednesday, March 14, 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment