Sri Aurobindo Kendra Sammelan
'Sri Aurobindo Kendra Sammelan' has organized a reunion of all Sri Aurobindo Ashram Centres in West Bengal in the premises of Lakshmi's House, (Sri Aurobindo Institute of Culture, 3 Regent Park, Ranikuthi, Kolkata-700040) on 20 December 2009 at 10 a.m.
The activities to be held on the day of reunion are as follows:
1. 10 a.m.: Registration of the participants.
2. 10.30 a.m.: Collective meditation along with the rendition of the Mother's music.
3. 10.45 a.m.: Lecture: The Role of the Ashram Centres in the Path of Sadhana shown by Sri Aurobindo by Prof. Biswanath Roy.
4. 11.15 a.m.: Discussion regarding the various activities of the centres and problems faced by them.
5. 12.30 p.m.: Anurag Banerjee would speak on the history of Lakshmi's House which would be followed by a tour of Lakshmi's House premises, including Galerie La Mére and Sri Aurobindo Parichay Gallery.
6. 1.15 p.m.: Lunch would be served.
7. 1.45 p.m.: Post-lunch there would be a bus-tour (organized by Lakshmi's House) of some of the places in Kolkata where Sri Aurobindo had stayed or visited, namely:
◦ 12 Wellington Square: Raja Subodh Mullick's residence in North Calcutta where Sri Aurobindo stayed frequently.
◦ 2/1 Creek Row: Office of Bande Mataram newspaper.
◦ 19/3 Chhaku Khansama Lane: Sri Aurobindo's residence after his final return from Baroda in 1906.
◦ 191/1 Bowbazar Street: Initial location of the National College of which Sri Aurobindo was the Principal.
◦ 164 & 166 Bowbazar Street: Location of the National College where Sri Aurobindo delivered his famous address.
◦ 23 Scott Lane: Sri Aurobindo's residence where Bal Gangadhar Tilak had come to meet him.
◦ 32 Muraripukur Road: The Garden house where explosives were purportedly prepared by Barindra Ghose and his associates.
◦ 48 Grey Street: Navashakti's office from where Sri Aurobindo was arrested.
◦ 6 College Square: Residence of Sri Aurobindo's uncle Krishna Kumar Mitra where Sri Aurobindo stayed till February 1910.
◦ 4 Shyampukur Lane: Office of Karmayogin newspaper of which Sri Aurobindo was the Editor.
We cordially invite you to this reunion and seek the pleasure of your presence.
For registration of names please contact:
(a) Telephone: Shri Pratap Dasgupta (96745 14221 and 033-2471 2612)
Shri Anurag Banerjee (98302 44192).
(b) Email on the following addresses: email@example.com
(c) Write to us at: Lakshmi's House,
Sri Aurobindo Institute of Culture,
3 Regent Park, Kolkata 700040.
Shri Sandhi Mukherjee (Convenor)
Shri Pratap Dasgupta (“)
Shri Anurag Banerjee (“)
Shri Ashok Ganguly (“)
Shri Shubhomoy Paul (“)
15 October 2009