Friday, November 17, 2006

I guess I'm missing the whole spiritual side!

Monday, November 13, 2006 We're very spiritual people
Well, we're staying in a community called Auroville which is designed to be an ideal city dedicated to promoting human unity anyway. For us this involves staying in a tree hut with no electricity and a toilet 100 mts away through the long grass. Well obviously I had to tell Paul that we were doing well on the whole illness front with just three really bad days between us which meant that my stomach problems occurred the night we moved into the hut (without a torch!) - a manic dash through the darkness to an equally pitch black toilet with a soundtrack of howling dogs and the large book on 'Common Snakes of Auroville' I'd seen earlier in the day running through my mind wasn't exactly the ideal introduction to the place but since then it's been great.
It has a fantastic swimming pool, a nice beach, really nice food....yeah I guess I'm missing the whole spiritual side! Well, we did do some work on one of the farming projects here today and it was wicked, will be doing some more tomorrow. And we did visit the giant meditation building which looks more like a giant golden golfball than anything else - they were doing some building work which meant we couldn't go inside. So Auroville - a great place but maybe not 'Auroville - the city the Earth needs' as the leaflets somewhat grandiosely claim. posted by paul and sophie @ 9:20 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment