Sunday, November 12, 2006

Fortunately I found spiritual literature of Sri Aurobindo

Sri Aurobindo and Evolution May 1 2006 2:21AM raksunhyd rakesh.sulekha.com Realizing the Self or Atman is the goal of man. Once the Self is known there is nothing to be known, says the Upanishad. For a long time I have not understood the meaning of the word “Self”. After reading a lot of spiritual literature and techniques of meditation the question remained the same. What is the Self? Where does one begin to understand the Self? Where do I find a Guru who can teach me about the Self??
With this desire in my heart, I had started reading a vedantic texts translated in English. I had read many books but had not understood how to practice and find the Self. Fortunately I found spiritual literature of Sri Aurobindo. It took me a long time to understand his complete vision but it was worth the time I spent on them.
aurosam comments: on May 4 2006 8:13AM Dear friend, I completely agree with you. Nowhere else you would find answers to your problmes however mundane as you would in works of Sri Aurobindo and The Mother. The Mother has written on wide range of issues whcih we face every day -things like our attitude towards money, food, sleep, . She has covered it all in her Q&A books. You may visit the website searchforlight.org for some good material.
Othena comments: on May 4 2006 12:00AM It warms the cockles of my heart to read posts of this nature. India's greatness continues through the living traditions of great souls such as Aurobindo who, in their lifetime do so much to, explain the mystery that is life...
dcindia comments: on May 1 2006 6:16AM Dear Friend, I recommend you read a book called "The Psychic Being" published by desciples of Sri Aurobindo. It will help you understand Sri Aurobindo's revelations on this subject. Regards

No comments:

Post a Comment