Wednesday, October 11, 2006

This was one of the most difficult periods of my life

In Hitler and his God - The Background to the Hitler Phenomenon, author Georges van Vrekhem deals with these questions. “I chose to write this book because of Sri Aurobindo's and The Mother's involvement in this war,” says Van Vrekhem. “In my earlier book Beyond Man – The Life and Work of Sri Aurobindo and The Mother, I had written a chapter about it, but as the main theme was different, I had no opportunity to properly research this aspect of their work. But had I known what it would involve, I might have chosen a different topic.” He refers to the the 3½ years of study, the more than 500 books he read in five different languages, and the 1½ years he spent writing a text of more than 1500 pages and then reducing it to the present book's 700. Recalls Van Vrekhem, “This was one of the most difficult periods of my life, living day in day out in the presence of Hitler, of concentration camps and demonic deeds, of torture and war. In these five years I had many nightmares.”
Georges van Vrekhem Hitler & his God – The Background to the Hitler phenomenon. Rupa & Co, 700 pages, Rs 395 The book can be ordered from info@rupabooks.com , in the USA through aviny@aviusa.org See also the presentation on AV website Home > Journals & Media > Journals > Auroville Today > September 2006 Current issue Archive copies The Auroville Experience1:52 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment