Monday, April 30, 2007

I need to nourish the souls of others

I have now concluded that not only do mental thoughtforms and ideas have an existence of their own, but so do relationships. As with ideas, relationships can be discovered as well. And I don’t just want to read people’s words or hear their thoughts — I want a relationship with them. Indeed, that is how I approach Sri Aurobindo and the Mother. I want a relationship with them, and through them, with the universe and all beings in it. It has gotten to a point where purely mental gymnastics seem meaningless, empty and draining for me. I need my soul to be nourished, and I need to nourish the souls of others. This psychic love is absolutely crucial for the straight, sunlit path that Sri Aurobindo and Mother invite us to walk. Without it, we are bound to fall back into the temptations of power (rather than the power of love) that the vital being loves to indulge in. Posted by ned. the stumbling mystic Filed under Contemplations.

No comments:

Post a Comment