Sunday, November 26, 2006

Surendra Mohanty's sadhana on the farm

Agriculture and sadhana Surendra Mohanty Mother India, Nov ‘06
Attracted by the great ideal of Sri Aurobindo and The Mother, I came to the Ashram in 1975. I was given the work on a farm. This was a new field for me. But ever since I have been tilling and toiling in the fields with the hope of transforming my being, endeavouring to be Her true instrument. Observing myself and trying to correct the imperfections has been my sadhana on the farm. Being an indolent boy with a tamasic nature, my progress has not been quick or sudden. Cultivating crops, taking care of cows and calves has made me prudent and vigilant…The calves are my playmates who remove my boredom…
The truth behind farming has opened my eyes to the Forces at work, guiding us towards the integral and collective sadhana of the Ashram for a complete transformation that will finally make our human life divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment