Wednesday, November 30, 2005
- Firstly, it is my firm faith that whatever virtue, talent, education, knowledge and wealth God has given to me, belongs to him.
- Secondly, I must see God face to face.
- Thirdly, whereas others regard the country as an inert mass and know it in terms of plains, fields, forests, mountains and rivers, I look upon my country as the mother; I worship and adore her as the mother.
I have the power to redeem this fallen race... the fire-power of the Brahmin which is founded in knowledge... I was born with it... It is to accomplish this great mission that God sent me to the earth.
wrote to The Modern Review
Thursday, November 17, 2005
- The origin of life was the first step in the release of the imprisoned consciousness.
- The second step in this evolution was the development of intelligence in men and animals. These two steps were taken in nature without a conscious will on the part of the evolving forms.
But in man, for the first time nature becomes able to evolve by a conscious will within the instrument itself. This inward will does not come from a merely mental process. Instead it comes through a transformation of the mental into a supra (or greater than) mental consciousness which allows the descent of a higher principle into the world for the first time. Sri Aurobindo dubbed that higher principle supramental mind. Supramental mind comes from a plane of manifestation far above the merely mental plane that humans come into contact with. Although the term mind is used, this plane far transcends the logic and intellect that ordinary mind can reach. Cosmic Harmony - The State of Enlightenment