Thursday, September 27, 2007

Savitri study group in Manhattan

the stumbling mystic God shall grow up . . . while the wise men talk and sleep.
Ned in the Big City Posted by ned on September 26, 2007. Filed under Personal Journey.
I’ve gotten access to a lot more of the Mother’s commentary on Sri Aurobindo’s works, and it’s been quite illuminating for me...I’ve also been meeting with people from the integral yoga community here in New York and in New Jersey as well. There is also a study group in Manhattan and we meet weekly to read Savitri and meditate together. Apart from making new friends, I also met Sraddalu Ranade from the Sri Aurobindo Ashram in Pondicherry, who was here from India to deliver some talks and lead us through guided meditations. When my Master’s program ends in 2009, I plan on paying a visit to India, especially Pondicherry and Auroville. (Let’s hope the Indian and Pakistani governments don’t create too many problems with my visa!)

No comments:

Post a Comment