Thursday, May 10, 2007

No mental gymnastics please!

My Own Experiences May 10, 2007 • I just wanted to describe a few characteristics of what I believe was my experience with what Sri Aurobindo calls the “psychic being”. I have been describing these things in detail in a series of posts under the category of personal journey, but I realize that many people won’t have the time to read all of that!
I’m very open to feedback on this, especially if someone wants to suggest that my perception of having experienced what Sri Aurobindo has called the “psychic being” (whether directly or indirectly) is incorrect. I don’t think I have experienced it directly, but it may have been working through other inner hypostases. Here is a description of what I have experienced (but unfortunately never been able to sustain for very long! ): ...
Overall, I got this sense that the inner being is watching all the lower nature with a calm, almost amused detachment, just waiting for us to become more identified with it.
So this is a fairly detailed description of what I have experienced so far. Again, I’ll be really interested in hearing about other people’s experiences, and getting some feedback on this. I suspect even people who are not necessarily interested in Sri Aurobindo might have had similar experiences of the soul.
You can e-mail me at ned@naqsh.org. But no mental gymnastics please! I don’t expect everyone else to have experienced the exact same thing as myself at all! We all have our own individual laws and own individual routes to the Divine, but ultimately Truth is a pathless land. Posted by ned. Filed under Personal Journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment