Monday, February 12, 2007

It is all very inspiring and what strikes me is the optimism and ego-free spirit that grows in this society

And oh, yes, I didn't tell you about "Le grand finale" of my journey... I spent a week in Auroville! For you who doesn't know about Auroville, here are the links: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auroville
In short, Auroville is a universal village, founded in the sixties, to realize human unity. It has around 2000 inhabitants (30% Indians, 15% French and 15% German), and might be the most progressive society in the world. Auroville is a unique place for people interested in areas like ecology, renewable energy sources, meditation, experimental architecture, collective yoga, art and alternative medicine.
First thing that happened on arrival was that I almost lost my mind. It was hot and sunny, all the Guesthouses were full and I had 30kg backpack. I walked around randomly and was almost out of hope when a gray-haired hero comes to my rescue. His name was Manfred, and he offered me a ride to his place, and to stay in a bamboo tree-house in his garden! Manfred, as it turns out, is a retired German cryo-physicist, and has lived in Auroville for 13 years. I stay in the hut for a week, trying to help Auroville's researchers with their computers, and attending interesting lectures about human evolution, problems and solutions on climate changes, collective yoga, karma and architecture. It is all very inspiring and what strikes me is the optimism and ego-free spirit that grows in this society. Everyone seems willing to help you, and have time to discuss with you!
In Auroville I also meet Amos, who is a German artist and singer who arrived Auroville just a few days before me. He is planning to spend 6 weeks in Auroville, trying to create texts for the music which he creates with the laptop and recording-equipment he brought with him. I will never forget one of the nights in his tree-house, when we were recording sounds and trying out the effects of his kaos-pad. We were the high-tech monkeys! ;-)See you all soon! Marcus Olsson Saturday, January 20, 2007 posted by techstil @ 6:22 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment