Sunday, November 19, 2006

Mira was so feministic and bent on transcending gender

Ned Says: November 15th, 2006 at 11:15 pm I agree with Tusar. Through my experiences with abuse I was drawn to Sri Aurobindo and Mirra, and their philosophy seems to be a fantastic balance between head and heart, masculine and feminine, action and silence, God and Godhead. But of course all philosophies are merely cognitive maps, not to be taken too seriously, and to be discarded when greater realizations and higher forms of unconditional love present themselves.
Ned Says: November 19th, 2006 at 12:40 am Spirituality is basically about relationships in my opinion. The universe is fragmented and its different parts are trying to establish relationships with each other, shared linguistic spaces, shared maps, etc., so that the universe can unify itself. That is probably the teleological destiny that Aurobindo and Mirra are calling Supramentalisation. But for us to reach that point we absolutely have to LISTEN. I’m a terrible listener in real life because I have a such a noisy, distracting ego-mind.
spiritofnow 2006-11-09 08:16 am UTC (link) Hey, I see you're interested in Sri Aurobindo! Have you studied him in depth? Of all the spiritual paths out there, the Integral yoga of Sri Aurobindo and Mother Mirra is what has appealed to me as the most inclusive of all other philosophies and worldviews. (Reply to this) (Parent) (Thread)
cyra_song 2006-11-09 02:14 pm UTC (link) I did study him in depth. I'm a devotee of Mother Meera who is considered the successor of Sri Aurobindo and Sweet Mother.Amongst Sri Aurobindo and Sweet Mother ( Mirra), i always felt a closer connection to Sweet Mother. I mainly studied her "Agenda" and it became my " spiritual bible" in so many aspects. (Reply to this) (Parent) (Thread)
spiritofnow 2006-11-10 07:30 am UTC (link) I have heard of Mother Meera, but I did not know she was in any way connected to Aurobindo and Mirra. I like them both, but I think because Mirra was so feministic and bent on transcending gender, as a woman, I feel more closely identified with her than Aurobindo. But Aurobindo's intellect is unsurpassed, I feel, among esoteric philosophers. He does a great job of putting the supra-intellectual into words, even though it is very difficult to do so. Savitri is one of the most beautiful and powerful pieces of poetry I have read -- and I haven't even read all of it yet! (Reply to this) (Parent)

No comments:

Post a Comment