Saturday, November 18, 2006

Awakening the genius within

Ned Says: November 17th, 2006 at 4:16 am My point is that we can literally *potentially* be brilliant at EVERY discipline if we allow psychic/soul growth to supercede mental growth. We see this in both Mirra and Aurobindo. Mirra was equally at ease with higher mathematics[?], music, and painting. Aurobindo was just as good at intellectual philosophy as he was at poetry and literature. Both speak of this as awakening the genius within. This is the source where all our rational-intellectual arguments and counterarguments come from.
For me the missing ingredient was bhakti: the constant reminder to myself to stay within my OWN sphere of existence and work on improving THAT, because the rest of existence is ALREADY taking care of itself and it’s not my responsibility to do anything unless I’m asked to. I’ve had to exert immense mental willpower to turn my attention inwards — and that’s how I found bhakti. This has been a realization that has been quite recent.

No comments:

Post a Comment