Friday, October 27, 2006

Patrice Marot used to rever Mother's Agenda as the new Veda

Patrice has put an end to his life on 29th June 2006. It is a bolt from the blue. A tremendous shock
Patrice hailed from France. We have worked together for nine years, though we have not seen each other ever. But we had talked over phone for long periods; we had correspondence through letters and also through e-mails. Above we were very close in our thoughts and planning. He was the Managing Director of Mira Aditi Centre at Mysore. And I was chosen by him to work as the Bengali translator of the Books published in English by Mira Aditi.
Mira Aditi Centre is an international publisher of books, mainly written and edited by Satprem, including thirteen volumes of Mother's Agenda. Satprem is a Frenchman, who was a disciple and the confidante of the Mother, when he was in Sri Aurobindo Ashram (till Her passing away in 1973).
Till 2004, I have translated into Bengali various books published by Mira Aditi, and my translations were also published by Mira Aditi. Books translated by me include Sri Aurobindo or the Adventure of Consciousness, written by Satprem, India's Rebirth, a collection from the writings of Sri Aurobindo , and India the Mother, a collection from the writings of the Mother, and a few other books written by Satprem.
Patrice was asked to quit Mira Aditi in 2004. Prior to that and also after that some other functioaries also had to quit, including well-known Michel Danino, who has translated almost all the books of Satprem from French to English, an who is now the founder of ifih. The reason is perhaps some disturbance created in Mira Aditi. I had to quit, also.
Before departure Patrice did not inform me anything. I came to know evrything from other people working in Mira Aditi and some others involved with Mira Aditi. I have kept contact with Michel Danino after his leaving Mira Aditi. He is now the founder of ifih, of which I am also a member. But I could not find Patrice. He was so close to my heart and mind, but I could not trace him out...
On knowing about the sudden, tragic and undesirable demise of such a capable and worthy person like Patrice Marot, I am heavily shocked. Still I do not understand why he ended his life...Whatever may be the situation, suicide is never the solution and it is a failure of the Soul. It is an insult to the Soul and to the Divine. Perhaps, some part in his being was not fully open to the Mother and Sri Aurobindo, open to the Divine...
May Patrice remain in Peace, wherever he is now ! May the Mother and the Lord be ever with him! I will always remember him! Barin 27-10-2006 Posted by Barin at 3:19 AM

1 comment: