Tuesday, February 21, 2006

My closest companions: Sri Aurobindo and The Mother

Springs Away... Yet another beautiful day in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. As I sit with my favorite cup of coffee all imaginings set free in the morning wind. The mind begins to stir and all kinds of things desire fruition. Then that deeper voice(s) remind me to listen more closely, give relief to those first habitual stirrings and come face to face with Truth of this day, of this moment. So I listen, as this is my practice, and I return here to share the flow.
It is truly a suitable environment for my nature to reflect. the quiet helps me to discriminate what is within and what is without. I get to ponder with my closest companions as Sri Aurobindo and The Mother. They speak to me and share the reflections of their lifetimes and the one that exist still, right now, beside me. We speak of multidimensions and falsehoods and truths. This is something I have querried about all my life, at least, this lifetime and probably others. It's a continual examining of what is relevant and what is "more". The mind these days seems so full of itself. After awhile I do have to question its' real value and purpose in life. The mind seems so redundant, predictable and bland. Seems to have lost its adventurousness. I guess all good addictions eventually self diminish. It's up to the individual to actually take notice. I can do something about it or not. The real value is in the seeing. The change, if so desired, is in the realisation.
Then followed by the allowing. Simple sounding but so boldly a dare. Our depths are so young in revelation and this is where the joy of life presents itself. This is where life shows her meaning, in the mystery, the unknowing of our evolutionary selves. Now that can keep me entertained for a quite awhile. It is this mere form of entertainment that I am cultivating in myself during these times...during the rest of my life! posted by Dolph Turtle Thursday, August 18, 2005 at 7:02 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment