Wednesday, February 22, 2006

February 21st is Darshan Day

Darshan Day!! February 21st is Darshan Day! The birthday of The Mother! 'Arise, Transcend thyself. Thou art man and the whole nature of man is to become more than himself'. A famous saying by the The Mother of Pondicherry, India. Visit Sri Aurobindo Society to find out more information about The Mother!
If you ever visit India, please make it a must-see to visit Pondicherry and the Aurobindo Ashram!I want to just mention one of the quotes by The Mother:
"I belong to no nation, no civilization, no society, no race, but to the Divine. I obey no master, no rules, no law, no social convention, but the Divine. To Him I have surrendered all, will, life and self; for Him I am ready to give all my blood, drop by drop, if such is His will, with complete joy, and nothing in his service can be sacrifice, for all is perfect delight." - The Mother
posted by Karthik Srinivasan: Ashburn, Virginia, United States Wednesday, February 22, 2006 at 12:28 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment