Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The Myth of Spirituality

And in all fairness, I'm being a little silly here, poking fun at the North American spiritual racket. Obviously people are doing wonderful things, and I have learned incredibly from the persons who are the symbols of my cliche spiritual master types. I'm mean at least they tried to do something. At least they were willing to embrace--however pathologically--the brutality of translation, the density of this created construct.
I want to have a wife and kids. You can't have a stable family scenario and really zone outward--ask Aurobindo for proof of that one. How am I supposed to have dinner with my family, do all the ridiculous social games we are supposd to play, put on the happy face and not actually deal with emotions, growth, and life, just sorta act like we do--and then BAM, turn on the juice.
How are you going to have a "normal" conversation with that around. How is the conversation, if it does anything not immediately going to turn to "the spiritual question" thereby reinventing the entire psychodrama of thinking there is something to realize, treating the spiritual as some cordoned off aspect of existence, or thinking there actually is something called spiritual at all (The Myth of Spirituality)? posted by CJ Smith Tuesday, January 10, 2006 Spiritual Blahbedeblah at 12:58 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment